Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Time, oh how it flies

Three years ago at about this time, I was dropping Skyler off at The Little Big School for his first taste of preschool. I cried a little when I dropped him off, I admit it. He was a bit hesitant for me to leave too, but Mrs. Flood handled it so well. Then, I took my 2 month old Lily home and relaxed for a bit. Today, I dropped Skyler off at Peter Sarpy for summer school and then dropped Lily off at The Little Big School for her first day of preschool. She has been soooooo excited for this day and she was ready. She did not hesitate one bit. She went in there and started playing and was fine. I admit, I did not cry today. I love Lily, but it was nice to know that I was going to have a true break for once in a long time while knowing she would be having a ball and that I was not inconviencing anyone. So what did I do with my time? Well, I went to run at Walnut Creek. I run almost every day, but inside on the treadmill. I have been having a hard time getting myself outside to run, so this was great. I made pretty good time considering there are quite a few hills and honestly when I am on the treadmill, I keep it flat! I am very proud of myself and look forward to doing it again tomorrow! Then I went and stopped at Target and Baker's and it was so quick and easy! Loved it. And then I blogged! I won't do that everyday, but it was something that needed to be done. Now, I am off to go pick up Lily and hear all about her exciting Teddy Bear Day at school. I am loving it!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Sky in summer school?

Man they are getting too big!

Mom of 3 said...

I am glad you got to have a moment all to yourself! I am convinced that times like this make me a better Mom because I miss them when they are gone and I appreciate them more when they get home. Ok, not all the time but for the most part!