Thursday, June 2, 2011

Summer time

School has been out for a week and we are in full swing of summer vacation.  Today I asked the kids what things they want to do this summer.  Lily had a one word answer, swim.  That is all she wants to do.  She LOVES playing in the water.  Skyler, of course, had much more on his list.  My disclaimer, I am not making any of this up!

1.  Watch movies all day long. (not likely going to happen).
2.  Play on the computer, ipod, and wii.
3.  Look for toys to play with.  (I do not know what this means, nor do I think I want to!)
4.  Play with Gavin.
5.  Sleep in.  (Yes, would you please do that!)
6.  Not get sick.  (Another one that I agree with!)
7.  Go out to eat.
8.  Count money.  (Huh?)
9.  Play school.  (Seems normal to me, we always did this).
10.  Play with Lily.  (Nice to see you included your sister).
11.  Build something with Legos that no one else has ever built.
12.  Go to the library.  (Nice, I like that on).

Skyler also made a daily schedule for me for the summer.  You can see he wants to keeps us busy!

Here is what it says:
1.  Do something fun.
2.  Reading.
3.  PE or art.
4.  Spelling.
5.  Math.
6.  Recess.
7.  Lunch.
8.  Story time or read by self.
9.  Science.
10.  Movie, or wii.
11. Play basketball.
12.  Computer lab, ipod, or Leapfrog.
13.  Computer or movie.
14.  Stop school.

Okay, here are the things we actually have planned:
1.  Summer school.  I will not lie about this.  I am very excited that they will both be in all day summer school this year.  I don't know what I will do, but I know that I will be able to run during the day, which means I will actually get to SLEEP IN!  It will just be nice to have a little time off!
2.  Vacation to the Smokeys.
3.  VBS
4.  Art camp for Skyler.
5.  Bellevue Fire Department Kids' Safety Camp.
6.  Skating.
7.  Bowling.
8.  Swimming.
9.  Splash parking.
10.  Library reading program.
11.  Riding bikes.
12.  Taking walks.
13.  Zoo trips.
14.  Complete the Go! Play Adventure.
15.  Whatever else I can think of to keep these monkeys busy.

So, hopefully both Lily and Skyler's expectations will be met and we will have a great summer!

No comments: