Sunday, September 28, 2008

River City Roundup Parade

We went downtown to the River City Roundup Parade. I wasn't sure what to expect, it has been YEARS since I have been to a parade and for some reason I don't really have very fond memories of them. But, for the kids, I put that aside and dressed them up in their cow people gear and packed them up and away we went. We left a little later than I wanted to, but we got their, found a pretty nice spot and set up. We sat next to the nicest people and Skyler made a new friend! We even exchanged information so that we can set up a play date! Their were a lot of horses in the parade. Now, I am not much into animals, most people know that, but sitting on the ground as horses trot by leaving droppings, makes me even less of an animal lover. Every time a new set of horses would come by, Lily would ask, "What's that smell?" I don't even know how many times I was asked that yesterday! Thank God for the street cleaning crew! They came through twice during the parade and really made a difference. Here are some pictures from our outing.














1 comment:

Lakeville Vertical said...

Love the car ride pics. We had two look like that yesterday in our car. It always makes for a peaceful car ride. :)