Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Ahhhh, School is back in session!

























Well, it's official; summer is over. Yesterday Lily started preschool. She loved it! Skyler asked me all morning if it was time to pick Lily up yet. I guess he really needed someone to torment! To celebrate this momentous day, we went out to lunch with Grandma for a real burger at Stella's. If you haven't been to Stella's in Bellevue, I highly recommend it! Great, real handmade burgers for not much more than you would pay at a fast food joint, and wayyyyy tastier.
Anyway, I remember like yesterday dropping Skyler off at his first day of preschool. I was a nervous wreck and he didn't handle it very well either. But Lily was ready! I cried when I dropped Skyler off, I did not when I dropped Lily off. She's just ready for new adventures that she can only get at preschool, not with mom!

Today, Skyler started school. I am very glad, as I have been losing my patience with him more often these days. He needed something to do that he can only get at school. Mom was just too boring for him, I guess! He got on the bus and I followed him to school in the car. I met him and was going to walk him to his classroom and was surprised that at the nice ripe grade of first, he didn't want me to. Are you kidding me dude, I am your mother and will walk you to your room if I want to!!! So I did and helped him get to his desk (he didn't need my help, he knew exactly where it was) and then took a picture and told him goodbye. And as crazy as he has been driving me and as glad I am he started school today, there I was with frickin' tears in my eyes! What a wimp! I don't cry when I drop my baby off at preschool for the first time, but my big first grader I cry about. I'm hopeless!

Well, what am I going to do with all of this free time? I am going back to school. I start this week, online and hopefully will be done in about 6 months. I will also be substitute teaching when I can. So, even though I am down to being a part time stay at home mom, I am still keeping busy!!!

1 comment:

Christina said...

It is still nice to know that even after all the frustration that you still love him and will miss him! Don't worry about having tears in yours eyes, it will ccome all the time with those kids. I get tears in my eyes when my kids are achieveing something they have worked very hard on, like black belt tests, even the regular color belt testing I tear up at! It is crazy how emotional this stuff is.