Thursday, March 18, 2010

On My Mind

So, there aren't often times I write much about my thoughts out here, mostly what we've been up to.  But, this is what is on my mind, so I thought that I would share.  We had Skyler's conference at school the other night and I was a little upset by it.  I am not surprised by it, just a bit upset by it, because it was the first time  we've been informed about his little problem.  First of all, Skyler is an excellent student,well I think I should say excellent LEARNER, for that I am thankful.  He loves to learn and is always excited about it and has the best memory of anyone that I have ever met, which in turn makes learning easier for him.  However, he has ADD tendencies and so far they this school year they haven't been a problem.  He has made excellent marks all year and has been improving every quarter, except this time.  He went down in two areas and it really concerns me because none of the papers coming home gave any indication.  But, what really blew me away was that he got S- for behavior and I had no idea he was being naughty at school.  No phone calls, no notes.  I of course didn't get upset in the conference, but the more I think about it, the more upset I get.  I know there are probably a few reasons for Skyler's problem and one is that he is bored.  Not an excuse.  Up until this time, the teacher has done a great job keeping him focused.  But, now I am worried this trend will continue and get worse as he gets older.  Having an education background does not help in this case, because I've seen the worst case scenarios and don't want it to happen to us!  I will be praying for my little munchkin, that he can behave and be neat while he is at school and hopefully it will happen!

1 comment:

Christina said...

He and you will get through it. Please know that you can always talk about it if you need to, I have had those conferences to and they are not fun to sit through!