Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Runner

I cannot believe it! I just ran 10 miles! I just ran 10 miles! I really don't know what else to say about this subject! But, alas, I will find some words to express what is happening! Today was my ten mile run day. And last night I spent a considerable amount of time at www.mapmyrun.com to develop my route. I was so excited about it. Then I woke up this morning, not quite as excited about it. Reality had set in. I was committing myself to a 10 mile run, where in if I got stuck or stranded, no one could help me. The furthest I have run before this is 8 miles and that was on a treadmill. I don't care what anyone says, running on a treadmill is so very different than running outside. It is mindless, you don't have to think, you can watch TV or movies while you are doing it. Outside, well you have traffic, ice, snow, hills, music, cars. It is so much different. But, with Chuck's help, I was able to do it. I ran most of the time and took a couple walk breaks. But I did it and it feels great. Now, I am going to shower, pop some ibuprofen, and get a massage!

1 comment: