Sunday, August 1, 2010

15 Years of Wedded Bliss

This past week Chuck and I celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary. I cannot wrap my mind around the fact that it has been 15 years! It seems like yesterday that I was getting up at 5 in the morning to go get my hair done, in order to be at the church by 7:30 to get pictures taken before our 10:00 service. Our reception was great, but it sure started off hot, July 29, 1995 , it was 97 degrees when our outdoor reception started at 5:00! I thought I was going to melt! But, we survived. Here is a little review of the past 15 years.

A QUICK LOOK BACK AT THE LAST 15 YEARS



Year

Events


1

Woohoo! We are finally together! No separation! Working, learning, loving. My first airplane ride

and first visit to Florida and Disney World. We both started new jobs and you were going to school. Chuck was studying to be a pilot and got his private pilot’s license. We bought our first and last pet, that crazy Mary, who was our baby/freak show car for 7 years.

2

We had some creep try to break in to our house and it made us feel very uncomfortable! We spent a lot of time traveling to snowboard competitions, which led to us California, my first time there, for nationals. We had a great time and decided to move to Utah since Chuck was doing so well snowboarding and the Olympics would be there. We packed up our new furniture and hit the road to Utah.

3

We were finally somewhere alone! Spent the night at the Anniversary Inn for our 2nd anniversary and thought it was such a cool place. We went on a few hikes, hiked to Timpanogos Cave. Chuck snowboarded, sold cars, worked at UPS, and Performance Sound. I taught. We went to Telluride for nationals. Our first trip to Montana for a workshop that I did not even go to!!!! I tried to learn how to snowboard, but busted my ankle up so bad, that I decided it was not to be. We had a couple of visits from Wade & co and I cooked my first real Thanksgiving dinner.

4

We moved from the slums to a nice place in a nice location, with a crappy roommate. Luckily, he didn’t stay around too long! I started school for IT. New car - Chuck got the Rodeo. Our first trip to Bryce, Zion, and the Grand Canyon. We so enjoyed sitting on our balcony, eating dinner and listening to smooth jazz on KBZY, the Breeze.

5

We went to Snowbird for our anniversary dinner, so special! I started a new job in a new career which involved me traveling! Came to Omaha for New Years. We loved to eat at Market Street Broiler and Bangkok Thai. Chuck started having colitis episodes, but we were unable to get a clear or unabsurd diagnosis.

6

Moved back to Nebraska. New apartment, new jobs - Chuck had so many choices he couldn’t decide where to work at first. Custom Electronics and then TSI. I worked at Qwest. I got Betty, and Chuck went back to school. We went to Kansas City to see Sting perform, best seats ever!

7

We started building a house!!! It was so exciting! Chuck got a new car. We took a trip to Keystone that Chuck won at Mr. Crescent and started to get ready for a baby.

8

Skyler!! We had a beautiful baby! Chuck hurt his shoulder snowboarding. We were excited about a new baby, but it was not to be and we were sad, but we pulled through :) Chuck had much needed shoulder surgery.

9

We enjoyed our Skyler he just grew up too fast. We had to put Mary the cat to sleep because she was not nice to our Skyler!

10

I was laid off from Qwest. We took a much needed trip to Key West - viva the key lime pie! I swam in the ocean for the first time. I went back to teaching.

11

We worked on finishing the basement. I took a different teaching job. We took a trip to Texas so Chuck could race his VW and that was when we found out - we were going to have another baby! Chuck started a new job at Cox and went back to school. We drove to Denver for a Dave Matthew’s concert, that we didn’t enjoy very much.

12

Lily joined our family! I no longer worked outside the home. Chuck started a new job at Paragon. Skyler played soccer and started preschool. We went to Kansas City to see Tool, ate at the Cheesecake Factory for the first time. My car died and we had to get it towed twice, get a new battery and we got home much later than we were supposed to!

13

We took family trips to Hawaii, got to see volcano national park, and Kansas for weddings. Chuck started a new job at Physician’s Mutual. We took a trip to Montana by way of Jackson Hole and Yellowstone and LOVED IT! Had the best ever breakfast burritos at DOG and escaped what could have been a gnarly collision with a deer. Did some great hiking up to the glaciers and took a pseudo white water rafting trip. Chuck accepted Jesus!!!!! We took a family vacation to Niobrara State Park. We bought bikes and Chuck biked to work through the summer.

14

We took a trip to Utah to see if we could ever live there again. The answer was NO! Got to watch Kyle Korver play in a Jazz game. We took our first camping trip as a family. Learned how to tag monarch butterflies.

15

I started school. We took a trip to Bozeman, AWESOME! We took a family trip South Dakota.


No comments: