Friday, January 18, 2008

Friends

Over the last year and a half I have become friends with some wonderful people. They have renewed my faith in friendship and amaze me with the extent of what they will do for me. Before Christmas I was talking about how I had bought a Leapster for Skyler for Christmas last year, but took it away because he kept letting Lily have it and she was too little to play it. I cannot for the life of me remember where I put and have looked in all places possible. My friend was at Walmart today and let me know that they had some on clearance for a very low price. I asked which Walmart and she asked if I would like her to get it for me. Wow! I was blown away. Then she said she'd bring it by. Wow! It gets better. Recently I was complaining to this friend about the high price of grapes at Baker's. She bought me grapes because they were way cheaper at Walmart, and she delivered them! My new friends have changed my life and brought me out of a funk that I have been in for a long time. Thank you ladies, I don't think you can ever know how much you mean to me! I might have lost other relationships in my life, but I gained better ones. Here's a little quote about friends that reminds me of you.
"Sometimes our light goes out but is blown into flame by another human being. Each of us owes deepest thanks to those who have rekindled this light."
-Albert Schweitzer

No comments: