Thursday, December 4, 2008

Chuck's Gift

Ok, so many years ago Chuck saw a piece of art from Pottery Barn. It was a map of the US that was made out of license plates. Each state was made out of its own license plate. He has always wanted it, but we never have wanted to pay $500 for it! So, I am making him one for Christmas. First, I got barn wood ( thanks Chuck) Then pieced it together, drilled it together, cut it to length, cut out the map of the US, and then traced the states for the license plates that I had. I then traced the state shape onto the license plates and then cut the shapes out with tin snips. I used gorilla glue and small nails to place the state in the correct place. I am not done. I think I have for sure about 5 more plates coming in. On top of the map I am putting the letters USA!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Christina said...

That is so cool! I couldn't figure out what you would be doing with fifty license plates but that is really cool! Very time consuming also! I bet he appreciates the work that you have put into it!