Saturday, February 16, 2008

3 down, 1 to go?

Well, I should have known. Wednesday when I felt I was coming down with something, I told Chuck. He asked if I could please wait until the weekend to get sick. I complied. Saturday night around 7:45 my ear just started aching like I have never felt before. I was pushed out of the house and told to go to the Alegent Express Care. I got there at 7:59. They close at 8:00, or is it 7:59? I guess it is 7:59 because the doors were locked. I was just going to come home, but Chuck was very stern with me over the phone and specifically told me NOT to come home unless I see a doctor. I said FINE! Find me one to see! We worked through it and found a Midwest Minor Medical in Ralston. God Bless them! They were open until 9:00; I was in and out within a matter of minutes with my nicely diagnosed sinus and ear infections, with a life saving, pain ending prescription for meds that I was happy to go fill at the wonderful Walgreens up the street that is open 24 hours. I must say God Bless them too, because they were quick to fill my prescription and didn't laugh too hard when I tried to pay with my Baker's card. I hope I sleep tonight and I hope I feel better tomorrow. But most of all, I hope Lily stays a peach and remains unaffected by this.

No comments: