Thursday, May 8, 2008

The day went to the dog!

We were having a pretty normal day. Just minding our own business, when, some strange events took place. I was preparing dinner. We were having one of our pastors and his family over for dinner, so I was pretty busy getting everything ready for that. The kids were out in the backyard playing very well. I looked outside and saw a little black dog in our yard. I am definitely not a dog person AT ALL! Most everyone who knows me can tell. I just am not a fan of them. Well, if there ever was a cuter dog in the world, I just can't picture it. This little dog a just so cute and friendly. He was a stray, had no tags or collar and just looked like he needed some love. I asked my neighbor if I could borrow a leash and we put it on a leash and tied it to a chair. I called the humane society to have them come pick them up. I will be completely honest and say that for about 10 minutes, I really wanted to keep him, but then I came to my senses! He was pretty loudly barking while we ate dinner, I suppose it was because he hadn't eaten in a while. I gave him a hamburger bun and he ate half of it. Then they came to pick him up and he was really calm and happy with the nice guy who came and got him, so I know he will be fine. I spaced taking a picture of him, but he looked a lot like the one here. I hope he will find a family that can take good care of him!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You keep a dog ya right!!!

Although your daughter would be quite cute with a little dog like that!