Thursday, May 29, 2008

Summer School

Well, as weird as it may be, Skyler is in full day summer school for the next three weeks. The first day was on Tuesday and we were both fine. I walked him to his classroom and said goodbye and left and all was fine. He had a great day and when I picked him up, he told me all of the fun things that they did and that he needed a blanket for rest time. I packed his blanket up and we went back for day two. There he was in the line to go into school with his class and guess who was crying! Yeah, me! What a baby! I couldn't believe it. I pulled myself together and just could not believe it. It is still hard for me to believe he is so old. I remember bringing him home from the hospital like it was just yesterday. Here is a picture of it!


I know that I will always remember like it was yesterday, even when it was 20 years ago, and that scares me! After school I asked him how his day was. It was great mom! I asked him if he sat by his friends at lunch. He said no, I sat by a girl. What was her name, I ask. He replies in true Skyler fashion - I don't know mom, but she sure is real cute! Oh boy!

3 comments:

Holly said...

oh Stephanie, I think it's awesome you cried - you're an amazing mama!

and Skyler, boy, you leave those girls be!!!!!

Christina said...

You are allowed to cry! Do feel bad about it, is not like you were gushing tears or anything, that will come in the fall when you put him on a bus for the first time!!!

Anonymous said...

you cry baby! Just Kidding!
I love you! Its ok that you cried, you are a mom you are suppsed to.

Wow Skyler likin girls! That could be trouble!

Love you!