Monday, August 25, 2008

19 miles!!!!
















Chuck took the day off today and we decided to go on a bike ride. Skyler was in school, so we just had Lily. We knew we needed to head some place where there was a park and a place to picnic before we turned back home. We decided to take the 9.5 mile trip to Hayworth Park and back, for a total of 19 miles. Chuck rides his bike to work about twice a week, 26 miles round trip. I've ridden my bike like two times this whole summer probably for a combined total of 10 miles. We made it to the park with no problems. My body was screaming and Chuck's hamstrings were screaming; he's not used to pulling a 70 pound trailer! We had a nice lunch and Lily played at the park. On our way back, we were attacked by grasshoppers! They were everywhere! A couple even got inside Lily's trailer, which is zippered shut, mind you! She freaked out. I mean freaked out!!! We had to stop and take her out and that's a picture of Chuck loving on Lily and telling her that grasshoppers can't hurt you!!! We finally made it home with about 5 minutes to spare before Skyler's bus came home! It was a great ride and a great time. Chuck and I got some good talking in, Jesus and I got some good talking in and the weather was spectacular!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

10 MILES!!!! Insane! Good job though! That's more than I can say I have been doing with my lazy butt!

Anonymous said...

19 I can't read! lol

Anonymous said...

And now I can't write my own name!

Christina said...

Oh my! Consider this a big round of applause! YEAH! I think it is great that you and Chuck got sometime together too! I know that even though I live with Pat, sometimes I feel like I talk to friends more then I do him!