Monday, August 18, 2008

2008 Air Show



I love the air show that our air force base puts on every year! I have been an air show junky for over 26 years when my parents took us to our first one. It was one of my favorite childhood memories. Right after we went to our first air show, we moved just a few miles away from the base and every year we would have people over and watch the air show from our own backyard. We could see everything so well. But then all of the trees my dad planted grew too tall and they built housing developments (particularly mine!) that all block the perfect view of the base that we used to have. We then started going to sit on the flight line with my parents who always got passes. It was fun to be right on the runway. We haven't been for a while, but luckily that changed this weekend. Chuck and I have both been so busy lately and he hasn't been home much, but instead of staying here and watching what he could from our house, he took Skyler down to the base, not just on Saturday, but on Sunday too! On Sunday, they sat on the runway and Skyler had the time of his life! I am so thankful that he has such an awesome dad! I stayed here with a napping Lily, but she woke up both days in time to see the Thunderbirds fly right over our house! We had a crazy busy weekend, but it was worth it to hear Skyler going on and on about the airshow!





This picture of Skyler has special significance because it is just like the picture of Chuck that was taken after he got his private pilot's license.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That truck thing is huge!!!What is it? Sky is so cute when he takes pictures! Love it!