Monday, August 11, 2008

The Day Before

Today is the day before Skyler goes to full day, five day a week kindergarten. I am very emotional about him going to school tomorrow, and lots of people laugh at me because of it, but that is who I am. Yesterday, I asked Skyler what he wanted to do on his very last day before school starts. I was expecting that he would want me to take him some where. I was wrong. This is exactly what he said, " I want to drink and eat and watch movies all day long. I want to have a pajama day." I was very shocked. Since we never do anything like that, I thought, what the heck! It truly is his last day of freedom. Tomorrow will be the first day of school for the next 12 + years, a little movie watching on the day before this starts isn't going to hurt anything! I asked him what he wanted to drink; root beer, milk and water. He wanted doughnuts to eat, he got doughnuts. We watched The Fantastic 4 and Holidaze. 2 movies and it made it his day.

My good friend brought us each a little kindergarten present today. It made our day. Skyler got Spiderman and Batman stuff and a cowboy picture frame. Lily got stickers and a cowgirl picture frame and Hello Kitty stuff. Chuck got RED BULL, popcorn, and chips, and I got coffee, KLEENEX, stickers and a mouse pad, a note pad, and bubble bath! We also went out to lunch today, which was good. I kept thinking about the open house at school today and what it was going to be like and if I was going to cry. Well, we went and I did. Tomorrow is another day and I already have plans to go work out immediately after I follow Skyler's bus to school and walk him to his classroom. I am such a sad, sad mother! Really, this is ridiculous!

And, on top of all of this, my digital camera is dead-DEAD-! So, I am going to buy a new one tomorrow! That should put a smile on my face, we'll see!

1 comment:

Lakeville Vertical said...

I know how you feel. My girls will both be in all day school in a couple of weeks. My middle daughter went to kindergarten last year and I was quite sad. I start sniffing already thinking about next year when all 3 of my children will leave me to higher education. Sniff sniff. :(