Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The first day of school!

Well, I survived the day!!!! Skyler, who never wakes up early on his own, and who is very difficult to wake up, woke up 15 minutes before he needed to this morning. I thought Chuck woke him up and when I thanked Chuck, he told me that Skyler did it all on his own. He said he was just so excited to go to school that he couldn't sleep anymore and he also said he was a little scared that I would not get him up in time and he would miss the bus! I had an old fashioned film camera this morning and took his annual first day of school picture and pictures of him getting on the bus at our house, off the bus at school and walking into his classroom. I am glad no one was taking pictures of me, since I was crying, but I wasn't completely ridiculous! Skyler did keep looking at me like I was acting weird though. I bought my new digital camera while he was at school and was able to take a picture of this bus coming home and him getting off the bus. He said he had a great day, and asked if tomorrow I could just stay home and let him walk home, since it is only 3 houses away. I said yes, that I only did it today because it was his first day. Man! He doesn't appreciate me! He had a great day and just loved school! I am so glad, and that is what I was praying for! So, all in all, we both survived. He, of course is better off than me!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does your little boy have a mohawk? what is that about?!

How cute is he getting off the bus!

Christina said...

You were fine! Most Mom's cry when sending there children off to school for the first time. I am the odd one who wanted them all to go! It may have something to do with being home for 11 years with kids, I am ready for a little bit of peace! YOU DID GREAT!