Friday, March 7, 2008

Kindergarten Roundup

Yesterday was Kindergarten Roundup at Peter Sarpy. I can't believe Skyler is going to be in Kindergarten! The time has flown by. My little baby boy is going to be in school full time and it doesn't seem possible. It seems like yesterday that we were bringing the little peanut home from the hospital on a cold, snowy December day. He is such a barrel of laughs and brings such happiness to our home. I will miss him during the day. Lily is really going to miss him. He is excited about the fact that he gets to ride the school bus and that he gets to take a blanket and a pillow to school for quiet time. He saw the playground equipment and asked what it was for. I told him it was for recess and he told me recess was going to be his favorite thing to do at school. Isn't that true of everyone? I signed him up for summer school. It starts the last week of May and goes for three weeks. The scary and good part is that it is all day long, to help get him ready for school in the fall. I hope I can handle it. I mean I hope he can handle it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first is always the hardest. I bawled the whole time he was there on the first day. By the end of the school year I was ok with it. It got easier with my second and real easy with my last.

Anonymous said...

Ok so I almost started crying when I read this! Stupid hormones! And the fact that he is growing up! I can't believe it either! I miss him and I miss little Lily too! You need to come visit me!
Love you guys!