Saturday, March 8, 2008

Mom Gets Alone Time

Chuck is the best. He let me go do a little shopping all by myself. I was so excited. I was excited to be shopping without worrying how long I was going to be gone; if I had enough diapers, wipes, snacks, drinks, entertainment. I was excited because I didn't have to plan my stops strategically to prevent tantrums, nor did I have to worry about buying things I didn't need or want just to pacify anyone. I had no time limit. I guess what I am trying to say is that it was MARVELOUS! I went to the resale shop to look at for some clothes and stuff. I bought a $3.50 bike for Lily. I then went to Hobby Lobby and bought some things to make a couple of wreaths, a few birthday presents, and a few odds and ends. Then I went to Walmart and bought Lily her birthday present and a couple of things for Easter. I had a nice time wandering around, taking my time, and enjoying myself. I'm sure it will be a long time before it happens again, but that's okay, as long as I get a few moments like this every once in awhile, I'll make it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Stephanie!! My mom gave me your blog address. I am really glad she did your son is adorable. This will be a good way for us to keep in touch. You can check out my blog at the-shumfamily.blogspot.com

Love Maureen