Thursday, March 27, 2008

Lily's Birthday

Well, of all the times for Lily to get sick, it is on her birthday. It has been quite a week. It all started with Skyler having an ear infection. When he wasn't getting better and I noticed a rash on his arms and legs, I took him back to the doctor. She informed me that he had hand foot and mouth disease. His whole mouth, tongue, cheeks, throat had ulcers all over it. I felt terrible. He had been complaining about his mouth hurting, I thought it was his molar coming in. Obviously I was wrong. Because of his illness, I rescheduled Lily's playgroup birthday celebration twice. I was so not wanting to reschedule. Holly made us the most adorable ladybug cake and I wasn't sure what to do. But she is such a sweetheart, she's going to make another one for us! We were finally going to have it tomorrow, when this morning I found out, Miss Lily has it too. Poor girl, her cheek is an "owy." So I rescheduled her party to next Wednesday, canceled a couple of other things and rescheduled a couple of more things. It's been rough around here. Skyler missed two days of school this. We have wonderful friends! Erika brought us some yummy tortilla soup, Christy offered us a meal as well and brought us some papers from preschool! Thanks everyone! We will be over this soon! And we will be done with the sickness for the year I hope, we certainly have had our fair share! So Lily will turn two, with foot, hand and mouth disease, a huge black knot on her head from running into the wall with the blanket over her head and no celebration, at least not yet. But, at least we have a birthday to eat, even though Lily already dipped into that already!

No comments: