Friday, March 21, 2008

Potty Training

I am not sure any mother ever really looks forward to potty training. I know that I never have. With Skyler I kept putting it off. I had reasons, but they were just excuses. I really just wanted someone else to do it for me. But at age 2 1/2 I felt there really was no excuse to wait any longer and I just did it. It took half a day. That was it. It was done. So knowing that, you'd think I'd have had a better attitude with Lily. No, I don't. She's different than Skyler and I wasn't sure she would take to it, because at 18 months Skyler had 100 times the vocabulary she does at 23 months, and she's stubborn! (She is female!) But, yesterday, I bit the bullet. It was over for her and diapers. Yesterday I took her by the hand and walked her into the bathroom and told that from now on when she had to go potty, she would use the potty in the bathroom. No more diapers. We had two minor accidents and the rest of the time she went in the potty. Today we had one accident and I even took her to the store without any problems. So, I guess she is different than Skyler, but not any worse or any better. I am going to love the fact that I won't have to change diapers anymore, however, having one using the potty can be quite inconvenient at times as well. Luckily I already know where all of the bathrooms are at all of the places I frequent.

1 comment:

Holly said...

AHHHH....I'm jealous!