Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The beauty of fall

I love fall. I don't know if I have said it before or not, but it is my favorite season! This tree in our backyard is my favorite! It is still small, but this is the first year it has really turned this beautiful shade of red that I am loving. A lot of trees have lost their leaves, but my little maple is holding on to those garnet red leaves like nobody's business! Yesterday I left in the morning for a few hours. When I was leaving, I stopped at the stop sign across from our walking trail along the creek and saw this huge tree just dropping leaves like crazy. I have never seen a tree just drop leaves like that before without the help of the wind. It was wonderful and amazing. I am so glad that I got to see it. When I came back, I looked over at it to see how it was doing and it was completely naked! When I left, it had most of its leaves still attached, when I came home, they were all gone! Amazing! On another note; I'm tired.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Christina said...

GORGEOUS!!!!!! I love the fall colors!