Tuesday, November 4, 2008

My Little Man

On Saturday I picked out a book from Skyler's room and handed it to him. I told him, come sit with me so we can read this book. He, of course, said ok; he loves books. When we sat down, he handed me the book, which we normally do. I, however, handed the book right back to him and told him, you read it. He looked at me like I was crazy. I told him, hey, just look at the letter and sound it out, I just know you can read this book. He did! It was so amazing listening to him, watching his face as he sounded the letters out and figured out the word. He was so proud of himself and I was so proud of him too! My little reader!

2 comments:

Christina said...

Isn't that an awesome feeling! It is amazing how proud you can be of another persons accomplishments!

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!! Good Job Skyler! How exciting!!!! Love ya man!