Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Nov. 6th, 2003

November 6th is always a difficult day for me. It's the day that our little Gracie Lynn was born and the day that she died. It is the hardest thing that I have ever been through and it still hurts me now. I was looking through all of my things from that time and we were so blessed to be surrounded by soooo many loving people. I am happy that Chuck and I both got to hold her and touch her while she was still with us. I remember her cute little feet and how she wrapped her fingers around my finger, it was just precious.

Today we are going to celebrate Gracie's birthday. Skyler was only 101/2 months old when Gracie died, but he has some kind of connection with her, because he speaks of her often. He wanted to have a birthday party for her this year. I thought it was a good idea, because we always have a big birthday celebration when someone turns five around here. So, we are making a special dinner for her; hamburgers and fries (Skyler's idea, funny, those are his favorite foods!) and we are having a birthday cake and Skyler and Lily are each getting a present. I think it is a nice way to remember her! We will go and visit her grave on Saturday and bring her some pink roses, they are her favorite.

Gracie:
How very softly you tiptoed into our world. Almost silently, only for a moment you stayed. But what an imprint your footsteps have left upon our hearts!

Happy Birthday! We love you!

5 comments:

Jenn said...

Beautiful.

Missy said...

Happy Birthday to Gracie.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Gracie!!!

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Gracie!
I can't say as I know how you feel, but my heart and prayers go out to you all!

Christina said...

What a beautiful way to remember her, how wonderful that you are including the kids also! What wonderful parents you are!