Thursday, July 17, 2008

My perfect morning

I love mornings, it's my favorite time of day, if things go my way. What is "my way" you ask, well let me tell you.

I wake up without an alarm clock or a child, meaning I wake up when my body is ready to, not according to someone else's schedule.

I take a shower and get ready for the day uninterrupted!

I get a little reading time.

I eat my breakfast, alone and in peace.

I get a little more reading time and some computer time, checking my email, checking on my favorite blogs (I have quite a few) over a cup of coffee.

I then hear a little knocking sound on the kitchen wall. This is a little game he and I play to let me know he is up. I go say hi, and he is in a great mood and asks if we can read some books! Yes! We read two books and then we hear our little Lily asking us to help her so she can have waffle time. It was a great morning! I wish this could happen every morning, but the fact that I got it today is one of the greatest things ever!

What's your perfect morning?

1 comment:

Christina said...

I love your morning! My favorite is when the kids get up and get themselves breakfast without arguing! Then I get to read for a few minutes then get the day going. Those only happen in the summer but boy do I enjoy them when I can get them.

During the school year, it is to get the kids out the door for school on time, with out rushing, and then come home, workout, and get the chores done for the day so that I can do whatever I want for the rest of the day, like play with the kids when they get home from school!

This morning I got to wake up to hearing car noises coming from Jonathan, asked him what he was doing, he matter of factly said he was playing! Those are pretty good mornings too!